As an intern spatial / interaction designer you will be working on the design of our museums, brands and public spaces projects. In this exciting role, you will be working on the coolest designs for clients from all over the world, translating concepts into attractive experiences and exhibitions.
As an intern spatial / interaction designer you will be part of an international team of professionals from various disciplines, including colleague graphic designers, interaction designers, architects, writers, artists, biologists and historic writers.
NorthernLight is a world-class creative agency. We work worldwide for brands, museums and public spaces and have carried out over 150 projects in more than 25 countries in the world. By using the latest digital technologies and media innovations we change physical locations into places where learning, discovery and entertainment go hand in hand. We want to make an impact on society and believe that design is a catalyst of change for the societal questions of our time.
Would you like to make the world a better place through designing transformative experiences, apps, games and spaces? Are you energetic and willing to learn? Then apply today to join our multidisciplinary team of enthusiastic and driven professionals. We always have place for new talented team members.
- Passion for culture and cutting-edge brands and innovations
- Affinity with science, tech and innovation
- Affinity with designing world-class experiences and exhibitions
- Education: higher vocational education / academic capacity
- Affinity with interior architecture
- Affinity with interactivity and audiovisual spaces
- Experienced in Sketchup (or comparable 3D modelling and render software), Photoshop, Illustrator and KeyNote
- Fluent in English
- International ambitions
What we offer
- We offer a role in a very dynamic environment with room for ideas and innovative thinking.
- We stimulate creativity and innovation by working with professionals from various disciplines and with different levels of experience.
- As we work in multidisciplinary teams on challenging international projects you will stretch your personal boundaries and imagination leading to personal growth and professional fulfillment.
- We are located on the IJ close to Amsterdam Central Station in an office with a view that no design agency in Amsterdam (probably) can beat.
- We see design as a tool to create social impact and something that is an integral part of life. Therefore, we highly value your role as a trainee spatial / interaction designer.